
so after a night of massive consecutive diarrhea from taknig this medication for cleaning out my colon, I went to get my colon examed this morning. I was already pretty dehydrated that I could barely walk straight. So they anasthesized me and then I could barely remember anything that happened except some pain I felt around my abdomen.
Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is the minimally invasive endoscopic examination of the large colon and the distal part of the small bowel with a fiber optic camera on a flexible tube passed through the anus. It may provide a visual diagnosis (e.g. ulceration, polyps) and grants the opportunity for biopsy of suspected lesions. Virtual colonoscopy, which uses 3D imagery reconstructed from computed tomography (CAT) scans, is also possible, as a totally non-invasive medical test, although it is not standard and still under investigation. Colonoscopy is similar but not the same as sigmoidoscopy. The difference between colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy is related to which parts of the colon each can examine. Sigmoidoscopy allows doctors to view only the final part of the colon, while colonoscopy allows a complete examination of the colon, which can measure well over six feet (two metres) in overall length.